Sunday, July 14, 2013

My response to a frequently asked question.

I have been asked numerous times about my ability to work effectively with Jon Pike if I am elected to the City Council of St. George. Some people presume that Jon was in some manner responsible for the demise of Dixie Ambulance, which our family owned for 14 years, so now I must obviously hold some sort of vendetta against Jon. This is simply not the truth.
I will work very well and cordially with Jon Pike, in whichever role he occupies following the November election.  Likewise, I will work the same with Mayor McArthur should he be re-elected.  Although I cannot speak for Jon Pike, I presume from his consistent demeanor that he also will work cordially with me, as he will with Mayor McArthur, if he is not elected Mayor.
 
My family and I believe that the decision, made by the state Department of Health, was flawed and made under suspect circumstances. Many people in the community have affirmed to us they believe as we do. However, that decision is behind us. We are disappointed, yet, refuse to be defined by setbacks upon which others outside the City of St. George build their resumes.

The incident with Dixie Ambulance demonstrated to me the essential need for transparency in government.  It also re-enforced the need for a community to engage in team work of all interested residents. Lastly, my experience showed me that traditional values are truly important to St. George..

Upon election to the City Council I will work transparently, as part of the team we call St. George, with a dedication to preserving those values that have made us the truly great city we have become. My pledge is to cooperate with anyone that assist use in being transparent, team-oriented, and honorable toward our goodness as a city.

With respect to past decisions as a wise man once said “focusing upon the stumbling blocks behind me, does not cause me to walk a straight path forward.”  I will work without fear or favor with all members of the City Council and whoever is mayor.

No comments:

Post a Comment